There's no reason to fear the monochrome trend, especially if you follow my five easy tips.
- Make sure the pieces you choose are the exact same hue.
- Whatever your color choice may be, make sure you break up the outfit with complementing pieces. Just like color-blocking. The goal is not to look like a bucket of paint has just been poured on you ;).
- Pile on the accessories and have fun with it! It's the perfect time to experiment with crazy statement pieces.
- Mix textures/styles. Embellishments, ruffles, pleats...etc. can instantly add dimension. Pair a white ruffled top, white jeans, camel colored belt, and a tailored white boyfriend blazer. The belt will draw attention and the ruffled top will prevent the outfit from falling flat.
- Shop your closet. If it's your first stab at the trend, try peeping into your closet to see what pieces you could pull together. See a color you love but don't have matching pieces? The next time you go shopping keep those items in mind and use it as your base.
What I'm wearing: Crop-top and Skirt- Mint Market in Hoboken/ Statement Necklace-Regatta Boutique in Sparta NJ/Bracelet- JCREW/ Heels- Aldo/ Clutch- Marc Jacobs
Photography by: Sierra Z. For bookings contact email@example.com