It's that time of year again...back to school shopping. Whether you are an educator or 9 to 5 professional, the Coast to Coast Style girls (Alina, Johnnalynn and myself) want to make sure you look picture perfect going into the fall season. Just because you are not a teacher does not mean you can't indulge in the back to school sales to amp up your wardrobe for fall. However, we all know that spending hours at the mall, battling crowds of people, all while trying to hunt for stylish outfits at an affordable price can be stressful. To help you streamline the shopping process, I put together one of my favorite business-appropriate outfits mixing in some of this season's hottest trends. This look features lots of layers and stylish basics. The fun doesn't stop there! Below, I'm offering up my top 5 essentials to help you kick off the fall season in style! These style tips also double as my back to school must-haves ;).
1. A Moto Vest. This is a great way to layer up a look, all while remaining stylish. I personally love this contrast moto vest from Karen Kane. It features just enough "vegan" leather and a hint of denim along the sides and back.
2. Print It. A classic tribal print never goes out of style. Mixing fun prints into your wardrobe is also a great way to keep your outfit fresh and modern.You can mix it up with a printed skirt (like this Sahara Jacquard skirt), dress, or blouse. There's no reason to be boring!
3. Booties. The only way to describe my love affair with ankle booties is by saying...they work well with everything. You can wear them with skinny jeans, skirts, dresses... you name it!
4. Button Down. There's going to come a day (like every Wednesday) when you just don't feel like putting much thought into your outfit choice. But that's ok! Just make sure you have a structured button down shirt laying around. You can easily dress the look up with a statement necklace, or layer on a vest as shown in this post.
5. Denim, Denim, And More Denim. The hottest look for this fall is going to be an ombre effect of denim. You can pair your favorite dark wash skinny jeans with a light chambray top, or go bold and test out the "denim on denim" look as seen here on Olivia Palermo. Pair them with your favorite booties and viola, instant chic. If you are in a conservative work environment, then this style might not work as well for you. Instead, try adding subtle hints of denim by dressing up a denim jacket.
So now that we talked about the essentials, let's go online shopping, shall we? Click on the below Mavatar button to shop through my favorite back to school looks.
Outfit Details: Karen Kane Sahara Jacquard Skirt (c/o), Zara White Button Down (similar here), Steve Madden Booties (similar here), Karen Kane Contrast Moto Vest (c/o), Michael Kors Watch, Aaraa of Accessories Wrap Bracelet, H&M Crossbody Bag And Mirrored Sunglasses, Mint Market of Hoboken Rings