Wedding planning is officially in full swing and I decided I would share updates on my blog from time to time. If you have been following along on Instagram then you probably already know that my fiance and I have been touring venues since early November in search of the perfect fit. I'll have you know we have seen 13 venues to date. That said, if you need an expert in the tri-state area, you know who to call!
In no particular order, here's 5 Things I've Learned Since Getting Engaged:
- Try not to sweat the small stuff. If it's meant to be, it will be.
- When things get stressful, take a step back from it all. Have a cocktail, and most importantly ask for planning help! Your family and close friends will be happy to lend a helping hand.
- Pinterest will become your best friend, but just remember it's for inspirational purposes. Don't get too carried away. There's Pinterest and then there's reality.
- It's important to talk about your budget and guest list first. You will need to approach your vendors with a guest count in mind. So be sure you and your fiance already decide on these details.
- You are going to get an overwhelming amount of advice from absolutely everyone. Possibly even strangers on the street. Be kind to the people who want to share their thoughts, but remember you don't have to take their advice mentioned.
And now, the fun stuff. Scroll below to see some of the images that have been inspiring me lately as we plan. This truly is such an exciting process. Remember what it's all for at the end of the day.
All photos above have been sourced from my Pinterest board. You can find the original photos and credits here.