When we think of accessorizing, we often think of earrings, bracelets, necklaces and scarves. We turn to items that are easy to integrate into our everyday look. Scarves of course add interest to any outfit, but as we near the end of the winter season they quickly knock us into the "wardrobe boredom" category. To spice things up, try adding a fur (or in my case faux) collar into the mix. Fur collars add instant glam, and they can be easily thrown over jackets, sweaters or even a T-shirt!
- Ditch the statement necklaces and scarves. Experiment with a tie-on fur collar by throwing it over your favorite winter coat.
- Add it to a casual sweater for a bit of textual intrigue.
- Style your hair based off the length of your neck. If you have a short neck, think about pulling your hair back into a pony or braid. You don't want to get lost in the fur!
- Pair with over-sized earrings for special occasions
- Most importantly, have fun with it! Fur collars are meant to be versatile. You can wear them over a leather jacket in the early spring (just when the weather starts to change), or you can even use it as an ear warmer when the temps drop.
Outfit details: Fur Collar ASOS, Emerald Green Winter Coat Michael Kors, Sunglasses Ray-Ban, Printed Skinnies BCBG (last season)